Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween:0

So, I went for a walk with the girls tonight. We went and "Boo"ed some of our neighbors, by anonymously leaving treats on their door step with a note. I think that idea is so fun, whoever started such shenanigans is a genius. Lana loved going around the neighborhood and seeing all the pumpkins, ghosts, witches and grim reapers(well not the grim reapers) She calls them pirates and she doesn't like them very much. Lana is good at singing the Pirate song from "Pirates of the Carribean" I heard her sing it several times during our little walk.
Pirates makes me think of a funny story. So, my piano teacher's husband won a bunch of Halloween decorations and Lana came with me to a lesson and they have this big life size skeleton pirate. Well she didn't feel to comfortable with the pirate around so she sat on my lap the whole lesson. The story get's better. Later that day we went to Grandpa Clayton's Suprise 60th Birthday Party. My mother-in-law Maureen and my sister in law Erin had some entertainment come. It was some woman dressed up like Elvira (spelling) and the grim reaper who Lana was convinced was the same pirate from the piano lesson earlier that day coming to get her. I didn't get to stick around for the entertainment, Lana and I went inside and watched Ariel, one of her new favorite shows and tried to take our mind off the pirate in the yard. Kids are so great!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Hello Brooks family! Your girls are just beautiful! Loved reading your blog!

Keith and Nicci said...

Good job getting the blog going Mer! Miss you tons, and will hopefully be calling soon with great baby news!

Kayleen said...

Hey there! Welcome to the blogging world!

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you joined us bloggers! Gotta love peer pressure. Now I can stalk you, yay!

Nancy said...

YAY I finally got time to comment on you awesome blog. Now you can put me as a one of your peeps.